Anatomy of Kidneys:
Kidneys are bean-shaped structure located on either side of spine just below rib cage. The main function of kidneys is to filter and eliminate waste, minerals and fluid from the blood in the form of urine. Urine is then carried to the bladder by way of the ureters. The bladder serves as a storehouse for the urine. When the bladder is full, the urine is excreted from the bladder through the urethra.
Functions of kidneys are
- Kidneys filter blood to eliminate waste products from normal body functions in the form of urine. It also returns water and chemicals back to the body as necessary.
- Regulates blood pressure by releasing several hormones.
- Stimulates the production of red blood cells by releasing the hormone erythropoietin.
Kidney Transplantation in Nashik
When kidneys are unable to filter, the harmful fluids and waste accumulate in the body. It increases blood pressure which results in kidney failure also known as end-stage kidney disease. It occurs when kidneys damage is 90%.
In Kidney transplant damaged kidney is replaced by a healthy one. There are two types of kidney donors i.e. living and deceased.
Common Causes of End-Stage Renal Disease
- Diabetes mellitus
- High blood pressure
- Polycystic Kidney Disease
- Severe anatomical problems of the urinary tract
Why to choose Dr. Mahajan for Kidney Transplant Surgery?
Dr. Pratikshit Mahajan practices as a kidney transplantation specialist at Six Sigma Medicare and Research Ltd. His professional qualification is MS, DNB (Urology) and Specializes in Urology. He has more than 7 years of experience.